The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) is a pan-African initiative raising global and multi-stakeholder support for greener and climate resilient Africa through a multidisciplinary network of various stakeholders active in sustainable energy, environment, and climate change fields across the globe.
In pursuit of its mission to promote, support and improve the quality of academic and research on sustainable energy, environment and climate change in Africa, ISNAD-Africa is inviting applications from qualified and interested students (postgraduate and undergraduate) in African universities for the first cycle of its Mentoring for Research Programme (MRP). The mentoring programme will help students (mentees) complement the supervisory support they will receive from their institution-based supervisors.
- Participate in a six (6)-session multidisciplinary training, on Sustainable Energy, Environment and Climate Change (including soft skills), to be hosted by the Clean Energy Solution Center, an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial operated by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), United States
- Be admitted for one-year one-to-one mentoring relationship with an experienced researcher or professional (with expertise in your area of research) from world-class organisations such as the World Bank, Harvard University, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Chatham House, and International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) among others
- Be supported by mentors to structure your research to be innovative, problem-solving, industry-relevant, and carried out to meet global standards
- Be supported by ISNAD-Africa to communicate your research findings to relevant stakeholders in the global community, hence, creating visibility for your work and career opportunities
- Applicants should be registered students in a university in Africa
- Postgraduate Students:
- Doctoral students
- Master’s students should have made a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) from their undergraduate programmes
- Undergraduate Students should have outstanding academic records and possess Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or grades equivalent to a First Class. Applicants with CGPA equivalent to a Second Class (Upper Division) will be accepted if they have demonstrated commitment to sustainable development
- Successful applicants will be those who possess excellent research ideas aimed at solving a problem or an innovative approach on sustainable energy, environment or climate change
- Applicants should be carrying out their research in 2018. (Please note that the research may be a new or ongoing research, however, priority will be given to research projects that are at their early stages)
- Students from any discipline (Technology, Sciences, Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Environmental Design and Management, Agriculture, Health Sciences, ICT, among others) provided they will be conducting research on sustainable energy, environment or climate change topics in 2018.
Apart from the conventional research topics (such as energy access, renewable energy policy), innovative and non-conventional research topics such as climate photography, environmental journalism, among others, will be of special interest.
Stage 1- Applications will be evaluated and shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a six (6)-session online training with the Clean Energy Solution Center, an Initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial operated by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory(NREL), United States.
Stage 2 –Based on the quality of applications and performances at the online training, the final selection will be made and successful applicants will be admitted into the one-year mentorship programme.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to download the application form from the website. Completed application form and the required attachments (as stated in the application form) should be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org , Cc: email@example.com) with applicant’s Last Name _MRP2018 on the subject line (example: Kappiah_MRP2018) on or before December 22, 2017 (11:59 GMT)
For inquiries, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org (Cc: email@example.com)