The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) is a youth-led non-governmental organisation committed to raising global and multi-stakeholder support for greener and climate-resilient Africa. ISNAD-Africa operates an interdisciplinary network of experienced professionals, researchers and students across the globe who are promoting sustainable energy, environmental sustainability and climate action in Africa.
ISNAD-Africa is currently implementing the Mentoring for Research Programme (MRP) for students in African universities. The programme helps students in African universities who are conducting research on sustainable energy, environment and climate change topics in various disciplines, access technical support (co-supervision) from researchers and professionals with fitting competencies across the globe through a structured and technical mentoring programme. The programme currently has, as Mentors, experienced researchers and professionals from world-class organisations and institutions such as Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Chatham House, Harvard University, Imperial College, British Colombia University, University College London, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) among international organisations and institutions. Currently, the programme support 37 graduate (24 PhD and 13 Master’s) students (mentees) who are conducting research on sustainable energy, environment and climate change topics in 26 universities from 13 African countries who were selected from about 300 applicants from 108 universities in 22 African countries through a multi-stage selection process. These mentees are currently being supported by their mentors from international organisations in over 30 countries across the globe. ISNAD-Africa is also engaged in other environmental education outreach programmes.
To further strengthen its programmes, communication and outreach; ISNAD-Africa is inviting applications from young researchers, professionals and students from across the globe to serve remotely as Programme and Communication Associates. The Associates will support ISNAD-Africa remotely through programme support activities, article-writing (for blogs and reports), and, social and professional media networks. Specific requirements for the various positions are:
- adept in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and analysis
- excellent e-mail writing skill is an added advantage
- Knowledge of sustainable energy, environment and climate change is not required
Communications Associates (any of Article Writing, Social Media or Both):
- knowledgeable on at least one of three themes of ISNAD-Africa’s support programmes: sustainable energy development (energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency), environmental sustainability, and climate resilience
- experience in writing as an added advantage (for those interested in writing articles)
- active on at least two of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (only required for those interested in serving as Social Media Associates)
- proficient in at least English or French Language, proficiency in both is an advantage but not required
The roles are such that could be handled remotely, therefore, applicants (Africans and non-Africans) are welcome from all nations of the world therefore, Africans and non-Africans are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility: The positions will be remote; therefore, applications are welcome from all nations across the globe
Deadline: Friday January 25, 2019 (23:00 WAT)
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to complete the form here: https://isnad-africa.org/careers/
Please feel free to share within your network.