The African Innovation Brokers learning activity is part of the Emerging African Innovation Leaders Program and addresses a group of African innovation leaders who are expected to spur the transition to the Next Production Revolution (NPR) in their countries.
It is organised in different sessions with different teaching mix.
The sessions are distributed along 12 months. They comprise:
- learning activities such as in-presence training in Milan (Italy) and online training (via MOOCs), covering several topics ranging from digitalization, to sustainable energy solutions and smart mobility;
- exposure to Italian and European innovation system (experts and innovative firms and institutions);
- hands-on project activities and project works focused on designing local NPR innovation action, supported by expert mentors from different backgrounds.
The project is sponsored by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation AICS.
Early bird deadline for application with priority selection: 20th of July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET).
Final deadline for application: 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET).
What we look for
The candidate profile of the Emerging Innovation Leaders should have:
- personal experiences and motivation on Innovation
- academical background in scientific or business field
- willing to extend knowledge about the NPR
- motivated to engage in team working
- leadership attitude
- excellent communications skills
- capacity to understand English effectively
- priority selection will be given to national citizens of Tunisia, Niger, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia and Mozambique
- In-presence training and exposure: September 26th– October 26th
- Project work | Online workgroup: October – December 2018
- Project work | In-presence training (2 weeks): December 2018 (indicative period)
- Training of National Innovation Leaders: Spring 2019 (indicative period)
- Online training (MOOCs) November 2018 – September 2019 (indicative period)
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino at the end of the project. To receive this certificate, participants have to be present at almost all of the sessions over the training courses.
The in-presence training courses (5 weeks) and the revision and refinement of the project work (2 weeks) will be held at the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano, Via Lambruschini 4, A – 20156 Milan
An early bird deadline for application will be the 20th of July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET) with priority selection. A final deadline for application will be 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET). Kindly prepare your necessary documents (refer to Terms of Reference) and, kindly send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants are invited to send the application with the requested information as soon as possible.
Scholarship for covering the costs of the in-presence activities (fees, travels, accommodation and food) is provided by the Emerging African Innovation Leaders project.
For any information you may contact email@example.com.
Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino are two of the leading Italian technical universities working at both national and International levels and providing services in the field of education, research and technological transfer.
They offer innovative programmes in the field of architecture, design and engineering.