Humans have always adapted to their environment and its climatic variability. This is an inherent capacity of humans, a capacity linked to their ability to act collectively. If adaptation is an inherent capacity of human beings and human societies, it would seem that in the face of climate change this inherent capacity is not sufficient, […]
About Sylvie TCHOUMI TCHOUMKE
trainer and consultant in environmental management especially audits and environmental and social impact studies. I am interested in environmental sustainability and climate resilience.
Entries by Sylvie TCHOUMI TCHOUMKE
Beyond the debate on the importance of agriculture for Africa’s growth and economic transformation, as well as the place of small farms; agriculture’s place for Africa’s development is well established. However, the practice of agriculture, whether at the level of small farms or large agricultural industries, contains methods and practices that tend to be real […]
Introduction Selon la Convention de Ramsar du 2 Février 1971 (le traité international officiellement appelé la Convention relative aux zones humides d’importance internationale, particulièrement comme habitat des oiseaux aquatiques ou plus communément Convention sur les zones humides), les zones humides sont « des zones de marais, de tourbières ou d’eaux naturelles ou artificielles, permanentes ou […]
1- Contexte et Justification Le concept de « développement durable » a toujours été pour les chercheurs un paradigme dont il faut trouver les outils pour l’implémenter en conciliant le développement socio-économique et la protection de l’environnement. Prenant son origine du rapport Bruntland en 1987, sans oublier le Sommet de la Terre à Rio et, […]
Introduction According to the Ramsar Convention adopted on February 2, 1971 (the international treaty officially called the Convention on Wetlands of International Importance Especially as Waterfowl Habitat or more commonly Convention on Wetlands), wetlands are “stretches of swamps, fens, peatlands or natural or artificial waters, permanent or temporary, where the water is stagnant or common, […]
GET IN TOUCH
NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Intercontinental Knowledge Sharing
- Joint Teach-In of 5 Schools in Ilorin
- Teach-In Climate and Justice Event at African Child College, Nigeria
- Teach-in climate and justice event at Bunkpurugu Senior High Technical School, Ghana.
- Teach-In Climate and Justice Event at Ngora Girls’ Secondary School, Ngora Town Council
- Teach-In Climate and Justice Event at Rescue Wing-Kenya, Kakuma, Kenya
- Teach-In Climate and Justice Event at St. Mukasa Government Day School, Kakamega town, Kakamega county, Kenya.
- Teach-In Climate and Justice Event at United Baptist Academy, Nigeria
- Teach-In on Climate and Justice Event at Friends School Kaimosi Girls, Kenya
- Teach–In Climate and Justice Event at Fruitful Vines College, Ibadan, Nigeria