Call for Applications: Operations Specialist
The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa), now, Green Growth Africa Sustainability Network (Green Growth Africa) in Ibadan, Nigeria is a non-government organisation that is committed to raising global and multi-stakeholder support for green growth in Africa through various programmes and initiatives. Green Growth Africa’s initiatives include the Mentoring for Research Programme, Environmental Education Programme, EcoKnowledge Derivatives, and Africa4Nature Health Initiative, among others. In line with its vision of raising global and multi-stakeholder support for green growth in Africa, Green Growth Africa’s programmes and initiatives leverage global resources (such as partners, facilitators, and experts) in operation and focused on its impact on Africa. Please, see more details about the organisation at www.isnad-africa.org
ISNAD-Africa invites applications for the role of an Operations Specialist to support its organisational and programme operations.
- Operation and coordination of Green Growth Africa’s programmes and initiatives
- Day-to-day operation and oversight of a digital platform
- Correspondence with partners and other stakeholders including programme evaluation and report writing
- Preparation of organisational quarterly and annual reports
- Representation and presentation at local and international meetings (online and offline), where necessary
- Excellent critical thinking, self-starting, administrative, coordination, analytical, interpersonal, organisational, management and communication (speaking and writing including emails) skills
- Ability to work excellently with less supervision
- Adeptness with the use of computers, general computer applications (such as Microsoft Office package) and the internet including social media platforms
- Excellence in the use of PowerPoint presentation (Adeptness in using Canva is a good advantage)
- Professional knowledge of the English language
- Work or Volunteering experience in programme implementation, coordination, administrative or communication roles
Added Advantage (not required)
- Experience in working with not-for-profit, policy, media, communications, or administration
- Ability to seek partnerships and funding opportunities, as well as, work with the Executive Director to prepare proposals for funding applications
- A background and/or experience in working on green growth, environment, climate change, or relevant sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Adeptness in writing HTML, Content SEO, graphic design and being versed in various areas of ICT
- Working knowledge of any other official languages in Africa
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required while a postgraduate degree, fellowships, among other graduate training will be an added advantage
- Given the global dynamics of the workplace, excellent performance in the role might not be based on a discipline, therefore, applicants from any discipline may apply. However, Business Administration, Operational Management, among other disciplines might be well suited.
Please note that:
- Successful candidate will be creative, visionary, highly dynamic, versatile, organised, a team builder, at home with computing and remote activities, and interested in working on new challenges
- Successful applicant would not be older than 35 years (however, the younger, the better)
- Green Growth Africa places high value on volunteer experience, hence, volunteering experience would be evaluated at the same way work experience would be evaluated or more. Therefore, in addition to work experience (paid), please include volunteer experience that is relevant to the role.
- The position is based in Ibadan, Nigeria. Please note that successful applicants may work remotely when need arises.
- The work duties are from Monday to Friday but would require meetings during weekends. However, the meetings are conducted remotely.
- Opportunity to engage in sustainable development initiatives that are focused on green growth that contributes to various sustainable development goals
- Opportunity to work in an international team on high-impact initiatives for green growth in Africa including partners from international and multilateral organisations across the globe
- Opportunity to participate in international and local conferences among other meetings, where necessary
- In addition to monthly remuneration, exceptional performance will attract additional project bonus.
- The role is suited for those who are interested in the Operations/Administrative career path, those who are interested in the development field, passionate about green growth or sustainability or interested in working in non-profits.
Application: Qualified and interested candidates are invited to hand in applications (Cover Letter, resume and a writing sample) via email (email@example.com). Optional additional document (such as a sample of Canva or PowerPoint presentation) is allowed. Please note that all attachments cover letter, resume and writing sample (including additional documents, if any) arranged in this order should be sent as a single PDF file.
Deadline: As soon as a suitable candidate is found. Early application is advised