CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: DEVELOPMENT OF SMART PHONE APPLICATIONS FOR iOS/ANDROID FOR AUDIO-VISUAL COVERGENCE NETWORKING PLATFORM
The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) is a UNEP-accredited non-governmental organisation that is committed to raising global and multi-stakeholder support for clean energy transition and climate resilience in Africa. ISNAD-Africa operates a network of more than 1,500 professionals, researchers, students and enthusiasts from over 100 countries across the globe.
ISNAD-Africa is inviting proposals from highly qualified, experienced mobile application development companies to design, develop and implement a mobile application for its multilingual audio-visual convergence and networking platform.
Must be able to develop the mobile application in two operating systems – Android and iOS
Must be able to develop the application within deadlines specified below
Must fit the submitted budget (further increase in pricing WILL NOT be approved).
Mobile App Specifications
Create the mobile application with different levels of user access.
Development of the application consisting of several sections which will:
Contribute to effective information exchange and communication between experts, partners, grant/investment recipients, and various stakeholders across Africa.
Facilitate the exchange of information and data between portal users.
User content driven and user-friendly interface.
Specific tasks for developer
Based on social media style and desired functions of the applications and the possibility of their implementation, present at least three design versions of mobile application.
Develop an administrator guide and a user guide for employees.
Six months of technical support after final delivery of project.
Experience in developing and creating mobile applications that perform tasks similar to those as the website application.
Portfolio for the development of social media style mobile applications with at least one example.
The developer will also work with ISNAD-Africa project staff: Technical Support Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
Specialty: UI/UX; Frontend and Backend
Libraries/Framework: React, WinJs Node.js
Database and Cloud Services: MySQL; Cassandra; Oracle; Amazon EC2; Amazon S3; CloudFront.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The applicant will provide a proposal, in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth here, to provide app design, development and 6months ongoing maintenance , but are not limited to:
- Development of a project plan, including timeline, for the entire scope of work with input from internal team
- Development of strategic plan for organizing content around experiences that inspire, inform and drive action.
- Design of the application to create a delightful and uncomplicated experience that includes (but is not limited to) the following features, elements and functionality:
- Intuitive and Attractive Design
- Clean, contemporary design and flow
- Easy and intuitive navigation that does not require multiple clicks to reach a desired page
- Balance between simplicity and relevant information
- Support high-resolution media (images and video)
- User-led experience- and interface that groups and presents information in a logical manner and requires no more than three levels of scrolling for the user to find desired information
- Fast-loading pages designed with a balance of text and graphics such that each page loads in less than 5 seconds on the average Android OS and iOS
Content Management Strategy
- An open-source content management system that is instinctive, easy to use, supports the features and functionality outlined below, and can be updated easily by the internal systems administrator (includes providing recommendations for non-proprietary CMS software)
- Conversation tool that encourages public users to provide feedback on projects, and highlight improvements to projects showcase on the platform and projects and progress of projects by experts.
Social Media Integration
- Social sharing tools that allow users to post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. should be incorporated in the App.
- Social followership tools that encourage users to engage with ISNAD-Africa on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Social media API login functionality to make it easy for users to create accounts on the App
Customer Engagement Strategy
- Interactive platform
- Feedback push notification system
- E-Success Stories signup- profiling success stories on specific impacts, how people effectively resisted got sponsored or employed
- Content hub for downloadable/uploadable materials including but not limited to guides, brochures, maps, infographics, etc.
- Contact us forms
Other key requirements and considerations include:
- Can display changing photographs and video content on the homepage and other pages
- Has functionality to support slideshows and carousels
- Displays correctly
- Considers SEO and App APO as part of App design, development and maintenance
- Utilizes best-in-class search functionality
- Features a detailed sitemap in the app footer
- Employs analytics integration including downloads number, web traffic analysis, entry and exit pages, length of stay on app, as well as gathering email, areas of interest and demographics information in a format that permits the App project to maintain a single database of users and email each according to area of interest and profile.
Interested and qualified proponents should submit their proposal as pitch decks with a cover-letter by email to: email@example.com (copy: ExecDirector@isnad-africa.org). The subject line of the email should be “Mobile Application: ISNAD-Africa Audio-visual Convergence and Networking Platform – [Proponent’s Name]”.
Deadline for submission: July 26th, 2021 at 23:59 GMT(+1)
Applications should include:
Information about company background,
proposal or pitch deck with budget for the Mobile App development and links to other mobile apps developed by applicant PlayStore
The proposal should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa)
Center for Petroleum Energy Economics and Law
7, Parry Road, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.